Vanderbilt University Medical Center's hometown is Nashville, Tennessee, proudly known as Music City USA. The Medical Center and VUMC campus are located just over a mile from downtown Nashville. The area is rich in cultural, sporting, recreational and historical events. For the outdoor enthusiast, there are many lakes, parks, biking and hiking trails available. Here is just a tiny sampling of life in Music City Nashville, Tennessee.
Arts and Culture
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts
- Grand Old Opry
- Music City Center
- Nashville Symphony
- Ryman Auditorium
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC)
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Cheekwood Estate and Gardens
Historical and Recreational Events
Business and innovation
- Tennessee Titans of the NFL
- Ice hockey with the NHL Nashville Predators
- Arena football with the Nashville Kats.