- VHVI Autonomic Clinic: Fellows will be asked to attend a minimum of two afternoon clinic per week. Activities will be supervised by one of the dedicated faculties. They may be moved or cancelled during vacation times or during national meetings.
- Autonomic disorders testing:Testing occurs five mornings per week in the Autonomic Dysfunction Clinic and at least three times a week in the Autonomic Dysfunction Lab located close to the Clinical Research Center. The fellow is expected to review and to interpret all testing results with supervision of the clinical staff.
- Clinical Research Center: Specialize testings such as microneurography recordings, spectranalysis of blood pressure and heart rate, analysis of cardiac output by impedance and acetylene re-breathing technique and pharmacological testing is available to fellows during their research rotation. Adequate training in these technique is available through our dedicated research faculties.
- Consult service: Fellows will be required to participate in the autonomic inpatient consult service. On average, the consult service have. between one to two consults per day. Fellows will be asked to rotate for a minimum of four weeks a year. They will evaluate the patient and formulate a treatment plan under the supervision of the attending autonomic physician.
- Elective rotation: Movement Disorder Clinic/Cognitive Disorder Clinic due to the frequency of co-existant autonomic failure.