The ACHD fellowship is a two-year program and is open to applicants from three training pathways:
1) completion of internal medicine residency and adult cardiology fellowship
2) completion of pediatric residency and pediatric cardiology fellowship, or
3) completion of residency in combined internal medicine/pediatrics and then completion of fellowship in pediatric cardiology, adult cardiology, or combined pediatric and adult cardiology.
Fellows in the ACHD program learn the medical and surgical management of CHD, including technical and diagnostic expertise in invasive and noninvasive procedures. Fellows participate in the outpatient ACHD clinic, inpatient consultative services, imaging laboratories, and cardiac catheterization laboratories.
We have (1) slot available annually for our 2-year program. To apply for our fellowship, you must have completed a three-year Cardiovascular Medicine or Pediatric Cardiology program prior to starting the Adult Congenital Heart Disease program. Applications are accepted only through the ERAS website and it opens for applicants to develop applications in December of each year.
ACHD Fellowship positions for AY2019-2020 have been filled.
Application Deadline for AY2020-2021: March 1, 2020
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (one preferably by program director)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation / Dean's Letter
- J1 or H1B Visa applicants, send copy of DS-2019 and Visa status
- Wallet Size Color Photograph attached to your Application
- USMLE Transcript - Transmitted by the NBME (International Medical Graduates only)
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Faculty:
Benjamin Byrd, M.D.
Frank A. Fish, M.D.
Benjamin P. Frischhertz, M.D.
Robert Piana, M.D.