Medicine Grand Rounds
The Department of Medicine hosts weekly Medicine Grand Rounds on Thursdays at 8 a.m. throughout the academic year.
Medicine Grand Rounds are comprised of weekly presentations by faculty in one of the department’s 13 divisions, as well as by members of the Harrison Society and Neilson Society. Division-specific endowed lectureships are also presented by invited lecturers from top academic institutions throughout the country.
- Katherine Hartmann, M.D. Ph.D.Thu, 08-05-2021
- Medicine Grand Rounds: The McGill Lectureship - “Pulmonary arterial hypertension: The search for a cure”Luke Howard, Ph.D., F.R.C.P. Martin Wilkins, M.D.Thu, 07-29-2021
As a commitment to continuing medical education (CME), Medicine Grand Rounds are live-streamed and open to the medical community, including those outside Vanderbilt. Free CME credit is also provided with advanced registration. To register and obtain CME credit for Medicine Grand Rounds, please complete the following steps:
- Opt into the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds distribution list here
- Create a free VUMC Cloud CME account here
Additional information is provided below in the FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I set up my CME profile, or view my transcript?
For instructions on how to set up your CME profile, and view your transcript, click here.
- What phone number do I text the CME code to?
Text the weekly Medical Grand Rounds CME code to (855) 776-6263.
- Why is the system not recognizing my phone number?
The phone number that was used to create your CME account must match the phone number you submit the weekly CME code from.
- How long is the CME code active?
Participants must submit the code within 24 hours to receive CME credit.
- Can credits be applied retroactively?
No. Participants are encouraged to set up their Cloud CME profiles before live streaming Medicine Grand Rounds. The Department of Medicine is unable to add credits manually. To obtain credit, the CME code must be submitted within 24 hours of the lecture.
- I have verified my account, and continue to experience issues submitting the CME code. Who can I contact?
Please email Attallah Stout, CME Program Manager, at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Does Vanderbilt submit my CME credits for licensing renewal?
No. Participants will need to submit their own transcript for renewals.
- Do I receive MOC credit?
No. The Department of Medicine is currently offering CME credit to outside participants only.
Information about recent medical grand rounds can be found here.