Clinical Trials Center
The Clinical Trials Center, established following the successful completion of the NIH sponsored Modification of Diet and Renal Disease Study (MDRD), is currently conducting multi-center clinical trials in the areas of kidney disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
Clinical Research Activities:
- Preventing the progression of kidney disease, with special interest in hypertensive nephrosclerosis and diabetic nephropathy
- Improving dialytic therapies
- Reversing and shortening the course of acute renal failure
- Ameliorating the effects of chronic renal failure
- Examining new immunosuppressive agents for renal transplant recipients