Outpatient Rotation Specifics
Renal Pathology, Pediatrics, lnterventional Radiology Electives
- Pathology:. Review cases from VUMC and the surrounding catchment area with the Renal Pathology attendings and fellows as well as review daily teaching topics. Required in 1st year. Led by Dr. Agnes Fogo.
- Pediatrics: Round with and see patients with the Peds Nephrology consult service to obtain exposure to diseases that are less common in the adult population and help facilitate a greater understanding for adolescent renal diseases.
- lnterventional Radiology: Observe and participate in placement of tunneled dialysis catheters and access management and attend weekly access conferences with IR, surgery, and Nephrology faculty.
Fellows will have daily exposure to outpatient hemodialysis dialysis clinics (including
home-hemodialysis), outpatient peritoneal dialysis clinics, palliative care consults, dialysis access clinics, as well as hypertension and chronic kidney disease clinic.
Fellows will have exposure to the following during their Ambulatory rotation:
- Outpatient dialysis (including in-center, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis)
- Dialysis access clinics with transplant surgeons
- Hypertension clinic (facilitated J. Matthew Luther, MD, MSCI)
- Chronic kidney disease clinics with current faculty
- Nephrology-palliative care exposure as part of a conservative care curriculum (facilitated by Devika Nair, MD, MSCI and Maie el-Sourady, MD, MS)