Palliative Medicine Information for Applicants
- Applicants must have completed an ACGME-or RCPSC-accredited program in child neurology, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, or neurology; or at least three clinical years in an ACGME-or RCPSC-accredited graduate educational program in one of the following specialties: anesthesiology, emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, radiation oncology, radiology, or surgery.
- All required clinical education for entry into ACGME-accredited fellowship programs must be completed in an ACGME-accredited residency program, or in a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)-accredited or College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)-accredited residency program.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowships are one year in length
Applications for the Vanderbilt University Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program will be processed electronically through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
In order to apply, ERAS requires Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship applicants to submit a full application packet that includes the following (please follow current ERAS requirements)
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copy of USMLE scores
- Copy of Medical School transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Letters of recommendation
Applicants who have recently completed residency training should request three letters of recommendation from faculty members in their specialty area who are familiar with their work. One of the letters must be from the Residency/Fellowship Program Director. Applicants with medical practice experience should provide three letters of reference from physicians in their practice community who are familiar with their skills.
NOTE: Please note that all application materials must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Fellowship Timeline and Important dates for 2017-2018
July 15th: ERAS Applications open
Aug 30th: Match Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Interviews Scheduled between September and October
October 4th: Ranking Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
Nov 1: Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET
Nov 15th Rank Order List Certification Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET
Dec 6th: Match Day at 12:00 p.m. ET!