Student and Application Information
Vanderbilt Med-Peds Program
Student Information / Intern Application Process
Applicants to the Vanderbilt Med-Peds Residency Program must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All internship positions will be offered through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Please be sure to register. Our program numbers is:
* Vanderbilt Med-Peds NRMP #170270
The deadline for applications is October 31 of each academic year.
All applicants are required to submit the following supplemental materials:
- Curriculum vitae (generated by ERAS)
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 scores; Step 1 is required at the time of interview. Step 2 is required prior to an intern's official start date
- Letters of recommendation from the Chairmen (or designee) of your Department of Medicine and Department of Pediatrics
- A letter from two members of the faculty with whom you have worked or who know you well.
Applicants who are matching as a couple will benefit from including the name and program of their significant other at the bottom of the personal statement.
International Medical Graduates
International medical graduates must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for their application materials and eligibility requirements. ECFMG-ERAS Program, PO Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, USA or go to www.ecfmg.org to download the application kit.
Due to the vast amount of highly qualified applicants, only a small number of international medical graduates are invited to interview. For international medical graduates we require:
- Several months of "hands-on" clinical experience in the United States (NOT an observership or research)
- Two letters of recommendation from clinical supervisors in the United States
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 scores; Step 1 is required at the time of interview; Step 2 is required prior to an intern's official start date
- Medical School graduation within the past 5 years
- We sponsor J-1 Visas and consider sponsoring H-1B Visas
All electives and clerkships are processed via Vanderbilt School of Medicine's Office of the Registrar.
Please visit their website at https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/enrollment/visiting-student-electives.
We currently do not offer any observerships.