Welcome to Nashville!
Vanderbilt University Medical Center's hometown is Nashville, Tennessee, proudly known as Music City USA. The Medical Center and VUMC campus are located just over a mile from downtown Nashville.
The area is rich in cultural, sporting, recreational, and historical events. For the outdoor enthusiast, there are many lakes, parks, biking and hiking trails available. Here is just a small sampling of life in Music City, Nashville, Tennessee.
Explore the the best of Nashville's music, culture, sports, restaurants, and outdoors!
- Ascend Amphitheater – Open air concert venue in downtown Nashville
- Bluebird Café – Small venue in Green Hills where songwriters showcase their talent.
- Grand Ole Opry – Weekly radio show with live performances
- Musicians Corner – Spring/Summer Friday and Saturday free concert series at Centennial Park (1 mile away from Vanderbilt)
- Nearby Music Festivals: Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, CMA Music Fest, Pilgrimage Music Festival
- Ryman Auditorium – Historic downtown venu with ecectic lineup of concerts every week.
- Station Inn – If you want good bluegrass, this is the place.
- Look for the “Live Music Venue” logo
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden – 55 acre botanical garden with four seasonal festivals
- Country Music Hall of Fame - Explore the landmark museum synoymous with Nashville
- Frist Art Museum – Explore the Nashville art scene starting at the Frist Art Museum.
- National Museum of African-American Music - The only museum of its kind dedicated to preserving and celebrating the history of Black music in America
- Nashville Public Library - An amazing number of family-oriented activities for all ages at the main downtown library and neighborhood branches
- Nashville Symphony – From classical to modern to kid friendly, always something new
- Oz Arts Nashville - "Brave new art" includes a full schedule of visual and performing arts
- Tennessee Preforming Arts Center - Broadway shows, concerts, local theater and more
- Nashville Predators (NHL)
- Nashville Soccer Club (MLS)
- Nashville Sounds (AAA baseball)
- Tennessee Titans (NFL)
- Eater Nashville’s website with the most up to date and must-visit restaurants in Nashville
- Nashville Guru website with happy hours and restaurants organized by category and neighborhood
- Centennial Park - Urban green space near Vanderbilt with a life-sized replica of the Parthenon
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden - 55 acre botanical garden with four seasonal festivals
- Nashville Farmer’s Market- Year-round indoor/outdoor market near downtown Nashville
- Nashville area parks
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere - Great place to get a membership if you have kids!
- Natchez Trace Parkway - historic roadway for a scenic drive or biking
- Radnor Lake State Park - Six miles of trails across 1,300 acres in West Nashville
- Tennessee State Parks - Explore the beauty of the state through an excellent network of state parks