- Center for Matrix Biology: An interdepartmental group of basic and clinical scientists, whose research involves different aspects of biology of the extracellular matrices
- Vanderbilt O'Brien Kidney Center: The mission of the VOKC is to provide technical and conceptual support to understand mechanisms and identify potential therapies for acute and chronic kidney disease.
The Kidney Project: A long-term effort to engineer an implantable artificial kidney to improve the lives of patients with renal failure
- Gohar Lab: Identifying the role of renal estrogen signaling in the regulation of blood pressure and renal sodium handling.
- Haase Lab: The laboratory of Dr. Volker Haase studies hypoxia response pathways in erythropoiesis and iron metabolism, chronic kidney injury and ischemic pre-conditioning, inflammation, kidney development and tumorigenesis.
- Woodard Lab: We use design principles of engineering to guide our experiments as we develop new medicines for the most common illnesses in nephrology.